For Windows Users:
- Make sure that you have the latest version of iTunes.
- Put your device in recovery mode by following these steps:
- Turn off your device and plug it into your computer, while holding down the Home button.
- Keep holding down the Home button until you see Connect to iTunes on the screen.
- When you see this screen, let go of the Home button.
- If you don’t see this screen, try steps 1 through 3 again.
- Hit restore.
- If you turned on Find My iPhone, enter your Apple ID and password after the restore to activate your device.
- If you can’t finish the restore, get help from Apple.
- Once the restore is done, set up your device from the archived backup. This backup should be from an earlier version of iOS.
- Plug your iPhone into your computer and connect to iTunes. Then, backup all your info. Unplug.
- Download a clean copy of iOS 8.4. Select your device, model, and the iOS 8.4 firmware. Click to download.
- While you’re waiting for that to download, turn off “Find my iPhone” under Settings > iCloud > Find my iPhone. You will need to know your Apple ID and password.
- Once the copy of iOS 8.4 is downloaded, open iTunes and plug in your iPhone.
- Click where it says “iPhone.” Then, click “Check for updates” while holding the “Option” key on Mac or “CTRL” key on Windows. Make sure you hold the key and click simultaneously. This will bring up options for you to choose from when selecting a build.
- You’ll see the file menu. Scroll through until you see the .ipsw file for the fresh iOS 8.4 firmware. Select that file and hit OK.
For Mac Users:
Are you ready for Downgrade iOS 9 to iOS 8.4? iOS 9 Download links will be released by Apple in June. How to go back to iOS 8.4? If you want downgrade iOS 9 to iOS 8.4 for all compatible idevices, you must understand that is't very simple. How? Read this simple guide from us now:
Step 1: Turn Off + Connect to Mac via USB
Step 2: Launch last version iTunes
Step 3: Enable device into DFU mode:
a) Turn off + Hold down the Power + Home buttons together for 10 seconds
b) Continue holding Home button until iTunes notifies you of a device enable "recovery mode".
Step 3: Restore via iOS 8.4 (last version iOS 8.X):
a) Restore from the iOS 8.4 backup.
b) Restore to iOS 8.4 IPSW by Option-Clicking the “Restore” button.
Step 4: Device will reboot when finished!
Relevant Hot Articles:
How to Recover iPhone iPad After iOS 9 Downgrade
How to Out Of Recovery Mode Due to iOS 9 Downgrade
How to Transfer Data from Backup to iPhone iPad iPod