Upgrading to iOS 9.3 Users Need to Pay Attention! The Firmware May Make iPad Brick
Based on current feedback, the most affected is the iPad 2.
At the end of the spring conference, in addition to the introduction of the iPhone SE and 9.7 inches iPad Pro addition, Apple also introduced the latest iOS 9.3 operating system, but after the formal push, according to the latest feedback from users indicates iOS 9.3 make some older iPad brick.
After feedback from Apple's official support forums, Apple's official website and Twitter account Apple Insider's view, iPad is mainly affected iPad 2, in particular after the upgrade iOS 9.3 will receive an incorrect authentication information, which causes Setup can not update normal boot operation.
In fact, for many mobile phone manufacturers, a variety of problems often occur after the introduction of the new system, especially apples this product model many companies, some products are not compatible with the new system is also reasonable.
The reason for the authentication failure may be due to early push iOS 9.3, Apple's tremendous pressure on the server so that an error occurred, but Apple Insider indicates that some users still can not properly upgrade after 24 hours, which means that there is a problem there may be other reasons . And after a problem, there are users directly to Apple, but unfortunately, Apple is also not solve the problem. Other users said the problem can be eliminated by connecting iTunes, but users say there must be completely reset the device.
So for some holding the hands of the old iPad, especially users of iPad 2, now may not be appropriate to upgrade iOS 9.3, even if you want to upgrade, it is also recommended prior backup. Apple is currently no official reply on this issue, when it launched the solution is still unknown.
Why Was Your iPhone iPad BrickedThere are several reasons why you ended up having a bricked iPad or iPhone. Some most common of them are:
- You downloaded and apps or games from an unreliable resource which also downloaded a malicious program that was responsible for making your iPad or iPhone unstable.
- You interrupted any software update.
- You abruptly powered off your iPad or iPhone during the iOS 9.3 upgrade.
- Your iPhone or iPad got powered off all of a sudden during any software or iOS update because its battery drained off completely.
- You tried to hard reset your iPhone to repair the errors but the process failed.
- You disconnected your iPhone or iPad from the PC when an iOS or application was under the update process.
- Your computer was infected with any malicious program that corrupted your connected iPhone/iPad.
- The old devices' firmware is not compatible with the new operating system (Just like the above situation).
How to Fix A Bricked iPad iPhone Without Losing Your Data
Steps to Fix Your Bricked iPad iPhone
How to Recover iPhone iPad Data after iOS 10 Update
- Ways 1. Recover Data from iOS Device Directly
- Ways 2. Recover Data from iTunes Backup
- Ways 3. Recover Data from iCloud Backup